wine dll loader

Vyacheslav Napadovsky napadovskiy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:08:00 CST 2016

> Is it possible to provide a maximally stripped down/simplified source
> that replicates the problem? Feel free to open a bug report and attach
> everything you think appropriate there. Also please specify Wine version
> you are working with.

I asked for the way to debug it myself.
I know I should start monitoring the .dll module reference counter, but I
don't
know how to do that within Wine.

The plugin is too complex itself as well as third-party software that uses
it.
I'll try to minimize the issue example anyway.

The issue might be because Wine somehow adds additional reference for my
plugin
while Windows 8.0 does not. I spawn the background thread (CreateThread) at
DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH event. The background thread runs all time plugin
loaded (I terminate it at DLL_PROCESS_DETACH event). Thus I do not
explicitly
increment dll module counter when I spawn the thread, maybe that's the
reason
Wine loader works different.

--
Vyacheslav Napadovsky