Server Downtime 2016-03-16 19:00 CDT

Nathan Schulte nmschulte at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:28:37 CDT 2016

On 03/15/2016 03:13 PM, André Hentschel wrote:
> BTW, I noticed today that people sometimes link to https://winehq.com/ which isn't covered by the certificate and in that case the forwards don't work...
> Example can be found in: https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20160314#reactos

I took a look at this, and it looks like it behaves as I would expect.
The link in question (https://winehq.com/), prompts me about the
mismatched cert, but accepting the consequences, I am redirected to
https://www.winehq.org/.

I tried to hit https://winehq.com/download, and I was properly
"forwarded" (I assume this is what you mean) to
https://www.winehq.org/download.

Just my $0.02: looks good to me!  If the mismatched cert on
winehq.com:443 is a concern, wouldn't it make sens to stop hosting on
winehq.com:443?  That would also help with the third-parties linking
issues too (because they will stop working and get fixed where it matters).

--
Nate