[GSoC] Support of pluggable theming engines

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 06:54:15 CDT 2016

On 27.03.2016 14:17, Ivan Akulinchev wrote:

>> Class redirection context support is already there, user32 does not
>> honor it, that's the problem.
>
> Sorry, can't find it. Could you please provide a link?

I mean window class manifest data is already parsed in ntdll/actctx.c
and FindActCtxSectionStringW() already returns versioned class names.

>>> 6. Add double buffering support to comctl32 (I hate flipping!!!)
>>
>> Some controls have double buffering mode, when working without
>> theme. You mean here only the case when theme is active?
>
> I don't know which case I mean, but such complex controls as toolbars
> flip on the window resize.

For toolbar in particular double buffering is supposed to be enabled
with TBSTYLE_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER style, so it's probably up to application
to activate it (could be that active theme always triggers double
buffering too).

>>> 7. Add support for animated transitions like Windows Vista does.
>>
>> What is affected by this exactly?
>
> Sorry, didn't understand the question. If mean how I'm going to do it:
>
> 1. Implement BeginBufferedAnimation and EndBufferedAnimation.
> 2. Call GetThemeTransitionDuration when the state changes.
> 3. Use BeginBufferedAnimation and EndBufferedAnimation, see the
>    example from MSDN. Even if the transition duration is set to 0, you
>    get double buffering for free.

I mean where in user controls such transition effects are supposed to be
used?