[v7 2/7] d3dx9: Implement preshader parsing.

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:22:24 CDT 2016

> I removed all the return value checks from creating param evaluator to
> let the program continue and not to fail effect creation, exactly as it
> did without preshaders before. I have nothing to do with the return
> value at the creation right now. At the same time, having such a
> function with parsing and a lot of possible errors without return value
> would seem very strange. Maybe we could keep the return value in case we
> will need this in future? E. g. we may want to decide to fail shaders
> creation on preshader parsing failure.

Maybe we'll want to change that in the future but for now returning a
value which isn't checked from an internal function doesn't seem very
useful. I'd just drop the return value from d3dx_create_param_eval(),
reintroducing that if and when necessary should be trivial.

I'm fine with the other things you mentioned. Hopefully the various
additional length checks won't make the code significantly more
convoluted (but if you judge they do and resend without them it's okay
too).