msvcirt: Avoid "array subscript above array bounds" warnings in test_ostrstream and test_strstreambuf.

Piotr Caban piotr.caban at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 11:32:28 CDT 2016

Hi,

sorry for long reply time.

On 10/30/16 14:55, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> -    ok(ssb1.base.ebuf == buffer + 0x7fffffff || ssb1.base.ebuf == (char*)-1,
> +    ok((size_t)ssb1.base.ebuf == (size_t)buffer + 0x7fffffff || ssb1.base.ebuf == (char*)-1,
Is casting buffer to char* enough to get away with the warning? I think
I would prefer it to be done this way if it works.

I'm also not sure if this warning is useful. I don't see anything wrong
in computing the pointer as long as it's not accessed. I guess it can't
be disabled without also disabling some useful warnings?

Thanks,
Piotr