Testing Direct3D

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 15:36:23 CST 2016

Am 2016-11-24 um 19:47 schrieb Fabian Maurer:
> AFAIK the wine TestBot is only running VMs, too. Is there any way to run a
> meaningful test without having my own windows machine?
Not really. You really want to have a real Windows machine if you want
to do d3d development. The testbot VMs do help with some things (e.g.
the d3d reference counting is implemented in Microsoft's part of the d3d
stack), but our tests are full with broken() statements that accept
behavior from VMs that are known to break games.

If you need some one off test runs you can send me a patch and I can run
them on my Windows boxes for you.