wine X button on top bar

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Mon Oct 10 13:07:50 CDT 2016

I'm CC'ing the list.  Please keep the discussion on the list.

On Oct 10, 2016, at 12:26 PM, A B <dianaxxyyzz at gmail.com> wrote:

> If we run the command: wine program.exe , does wine save the hwnd of the main window for the program.exe ? And how to get it ? For example if I want to printf in wine logs ,the hwnd of the main window of program.exe , is this hwnd saved somewhere in a wine variable ?

The concept of "main window" of a program is purely a human interpretation.  There's no such concept in the Win32 API.  Therefore, there's no specific variable in Wine which holds the "main" window's handle.

You can collect a +win debug log and you'll see the window handle of all of the windows created by the program (along with a lot of activity related to them).  It's up to you to determine which is the main window.

-Ken