Do we delete spammers accounts from bugzilla?

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Thu Oct 13 21:18:55 CDT 2016

On 05.10.2016 17:58, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Bruno Jesus <00cpxxx at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Today we had one more piece of spam, the bot registered the account a
>> few moments before creating a bug. In this case should we use
>> bugzilla's admin features to delete the user?
>
> I always disable the user right away, yes. This is done by setting
> the Disable text in the user admin page.

Today there was so much spam that I finally decided to write a script for
it. ;) For all people interested, the script is available here:
https://github.com/slackner/bugzilla-tools/blob/master/delete_spam.py

Usage: ./delete_spam.py ID [ID ...]

So far the script does not implement any actual spam detection, it only
simplifies the cleanup task. The script uses the Bugzilla xmlrpc API to
disable the guilty bug creator, and also updates the bug status itself
(change title, hide comments, and so on). If someone wants to contribute
any improvements, patches and pull-requests are welcome. *g* ;)

Regards,
Sebastian