How to make winedbg listen to same port every time?

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:15:30 CDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 1:07 PM, A B <dianaxxyyzz at gmail.com> wrote:

> If i run :
> winedbg  --gdb --no-start test.exe
>
> it say :
> target remote localhost:55304
>

> But if I run it second time , it say a different port , for example
> target remote localhost:111111
>
> is there a command line argument for winedbg so it to listen to same port
> every time , and to do not change the port ,so I can specity to witch port
> it to listen , or I have to recompile winedbg ?
> Thank you!

Judging by the wine source code at file gdbproxy.c (function
gdb_startup) [1] it is not possible, the port is always chosen by the
OS. It could be changed to support port selection, but I'm curious
about why you have such need.

[1] http://source.winehq.org/source/programs/winedbg/gdbproxy.c

Best wishes,
Bruno