Stack realignment configure option?

Daniel Santos daniel.santos at pobox.com
Sat Oct 22 22:22:57 CDT 2016

I've read up a bit on the issues with realignment on Wine 64 and all of
the programs that crash because they luckily get away with violating the
ABI on Windows. While not crashing is a pretty good thing, forcing stack
realignment also affects optimizations in some less obvious ways,
inhibiting sibling calls, ret from function bodies, adding a frame
pointer, etc. I don't actually have any bright ideas for this atm, but
can we at least add a configure option to disable this for those who
don't happen to have such programs crashing? Probably only Gentoo users
and geeks will care for it.