Cmd.exe test cases

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 02:50:20 CDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 2:51 AM, Carlos Rafael Ramirez
<crramirez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to add some test cases to cmd program. But I don't understand the
> structure of them. Where to put the command and where to put the assertion
> or expected output?
>
> I am coding a patch and I want to make it like TDD, first the test fail and
> after the fix the test passes.
>
> Thank you

Hi Carlos,

Tests for builtins go to test_builitins.cmd (commands) and
test_builtins.cmd.exp (expected results)
test_cmdline.cmd[.exp] is for command line cmd usage, so not what you want here.

make crosstest can be used to create a win executable for testing on native.

For more information, see https://wiki.winehq.org/Cmd_Conformance_Tests

Regards,

Frédéric Delanoy