Maximum OpenGL version

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 12:08:12 CDT 2016

> On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 11:24 PM, Fabian Maurer <dark.shadow4 at web.de> wrote:
>> You mean wine relies on legacy api that is removed in the core context?
>> Is there a list which parts would need to be reworked?
>
> Yes, wined3d uses legacy OpenGL in a few places. AFAIK there is not a
> lot of work left. The main offender is probably blitting code (see
> e.g. SetupForBlit()). Generally, it should be quite easy to find
> remaining issues when you run d3d/ddraw tests with "MaxVersionGL" set
> to 3.2 or higher version (you'll get some GL errors or test failures).
> Matteo has done most of the work related to fixing this issue. He
> might be able to provide an exact list of remaining parts.

There are a number of small bits and pieces left other than blitters
(e.g. a few limit checks aren't quite right for core profile, Mesa
doesn't complain about them but macOS does) but that's mostly it. I
have not-quite-ready patches for all of this, the plan is to restart
sending them in the near future, although I can't guarantee any hard
deadline...