APPDB Intro email

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 15:48:20 CDT 2017

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Bijie Zhu <bijizhu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Bijie Zhu and I am currently a computer science student studying
> at City University of New York - Queens College. This is my first time
> participate in an open source project, and I hope I can get some guidance
> and feedback for the outreach project application process.
> I want to apply for improving APPDB website project. And I want to improve
> the app voting system. I would like to design an evaluation metric system
> for the app voting. So when people votes, we know why they vote for the app.
> People now can not only search for the most voted app, but also search for
> the app with the most desired attributes.
>
> Thank you,
> Bijie Zhu

Hi Bijie,

Thanks for your interest. Could you tell us a bit about your
experience with PHP? Have you worked on something similar before?

Keep in mind you'll want to formally apply on the GSOC website. You'll
also need to submit a patch (preferably one for the AppDB) to be
considered.
--
-Austin
GPG: 14FB D7EA A041 937B