gdi32: Change default interface font to Gothic typeface for CJK.

Jactry Zeng jactry92 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 22:11:10 CDT 2017

Hi,

> Ok, so it sounds like this patch may not be correct.
>
> Jactry, could you tell us what MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2 map
> to on your system?  Look under
> HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\FontSubstitutes

Thanks for review!

In my Simplified Chinese WIndows 7, they are:
MS Shell Dlg -> Mircrosoft Sans Serif
MS Shell Dlg 2 -> Tahoma

And in HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows
NT\\CurrentVersion\\FontLink\\FontMapper, there are:
Microsoft Sans Serif -> SIMSUN.TTC,SimSun MINGLIU.TTC,PMingLiU
MSGOTHIC.TTC, MS UI Gothic BATANG.TTC,Batang
Tahoma -> SIMSUN.TTC,SimSun MINGLIU.TTC,PMingLiU MSGOTHIC.TTC, MS UI Gothic

So I think Akihiro is right, MS Shell Dlg is still links to SimSun/MS UI
Gothic/Gulim/PMingLiU in Windows 7.
And MS Shell Dlg 2 does that, too. So using MS Shell Dlg 2 for changing
default interface typeface may be not a good idea?

How about implementing a new logical font - Wine Shell Dlg - and using it
for Wine's builtin interface, such as dialog, menu text...

About CJK font: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CJK_fonts

--
Regards,
Jactry Zeng