Invitations to WineConf

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Aug 7 13:52:17 CDT 2017

On 08/07/2017 11:48 AM, Rosanne DiMesio wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 09:50:45 -0500
> Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>>
>> Roseanne, I'm particularly hoping you can reach out to the wine users in
>> some way.  A post on the forums? Could we / should we do a big news item
>> so it's on the main page?
>>
> I'd do both. The forum announcement should come from you rather than me. Maybe make the main page announcement a WWN article?

Really?  I would bet that on the Wine forums your name is better known
and better loved than mine.

> My big question is: what are you planning for users? Users who don't live near enough to just drop in will want to know what's on the agenda before deciding.

That's a good question.  I think the key note and the socializing tend
to work for users as well as they do for developers.

The only concrete idea I have is to have a session titled something
like:  "What do users need?"

We often say it would be nice to have the Agenda ahead of time, but
efforts on that front often fall short.  Arguably, we should have a
visible schedule and at least a suggestion of an Agenda (and perhaps a
link to last years Agenda would help people have a sense of the topics).

I'll work with Jacek on getting a framework up.

If others have suggestions, they can add them there.

>> I've asked PlayOnLinux folks as well as the Wineskin folks to come.
>> Anyone else?
>>
> AppDB admins and maintainers? Most won't be interested, but some long-time, very active ones might. It's very easy to send an email to all of them through the AppDB.

I think that would be a great idea.

Cheers,

Jeremy