Issue with suspended process

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 04:32:38 CDT 2017

Hi,

On 24/08/17 16:41, Jonathan Doron wrote:
> The next thing that happens is LdrInitializeThunk continues and fixing
> up the EXE module imports, this is not the same behavior as Windows in
> which the Ldr only starts running after the thread has
> resumed.
Depending on what you want to do in the end you may be able to work
around the issue by adding a LoadLibraryA("Whatever_injected.dll")
somewhere in the init code. That might allow you to use your tool. It
helped when I was trying to use pixwin from the DX SDK a while ago.

> commit 0f5fc117a2320bb7e21b9ae4d07d717bed413171
> Author: Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org
> <mailto:julliard at winehq.org>>
> Date:   Mon Nov 19 14:27:07 2007 +0100
>
>     ntdll: Unblock signals in process init only after the dlls have
> been imported.
Alexandre is on vacation at the moment as far as I know. He might reply
later if he notices the mail in his return inbox flood :-) .

bugs.winehq.org tracks which commit fixed a bug, but unfortunately that
system was not in place in 2007.

Stefan