Wine Staging (was: WineConf action items)

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sun Dec 3 01:30:15 CST 2017

Vincent Povirk wrote:
> I've decided to spend some time researching staging patches and
> bringing them to the attention of maintainers or others who may be
> able to put in the extra work required to get them in. This is based
> on a discussion we had where some people complained about the number
> of patches in staging that aren't being merged.

That's a great initiative, thanks for doing that, Vincent.

On a related note, recently the release of a Wine staging patchset
has been trailing the corresponding release of Wine 2.2x for more
than a week (for example, it's still not available for Wine 2.22).

What's the outlook there?  Any chance that patchset can be made
available a day or two after Wine goes out (or, ideally, more or
less at the same time)?

Gerald