Wine Staging (was: WineConf action items)

Zebediah Figura z.figura12 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 15:21:42 CST 2017

On 12/03/2017 01:30 AM, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> Vincent Povirk wrote:
>> I've decided to spend some time researching staging patches and
>> bringing them to the attention of maintainers or others who may be
>> able to put in the extra work required to get them in. This is based
>> on a discussion we had where some people complained about the number
>> of patches in staging that aren't being merged.
>
> That's a great initiative, thanks for doing that, Vincent.
>
> On a related note, recently the release of a Wine staging patchset
> has been trailing the corresponding release of Wine 2.2x for more
> than a week (for example, it's still not available for Wine 2.22).
>
> What's the outlook there?  Any chance that patchset can be made
> available a day or two after Wine goes out (or, ideally, more or
> less at the same time)?
>
> Gerald

There also seems to have been little activity on their patches list
recently. I submitted a patchset over a month ago that has gone entirely
without review. Admittedly mine was large and difficult to review, but,
well, I suppose I was under the impression that this was the purpose of
wine-staging, and in any case much simpler patches (e.g.
get_purecall_handler() [1], which was recently committed in almost
identical form to Wine [2]) have also been untouched.

[1] https://dev.wine-staging.com/patches/216/
[2]
https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/commitdiff/b8d294cd7b277893de98721f6b81626d12952fd6