Can share rough ETA for Vkd3d repo?

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 09:30:04 CST 2017

On 11 December 2017 at 18:27, oscar bg <rtfss1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty interested in that project, namely in testing it jointly with
> MoltenVK for Macos to see how well D3D12->Vulkan->Metal goes using jointly
> these two translators and reporting info to MoltenVK author and possibly
> providing VKD3D patches to play nicer around possible limitations in
> MoltenVK..
>
> as you I see in the "coming weeks":
>
> We'll be hosting vkd3d, the D3D12->Vulkan library, on winehq.org in
>   its own git repository
>
> I'm asking if you can share some ETA.. would be super nice if some code can
> get
> posted before end of year to play with it no christmas vacations..

We had hoped the repository would be up by now, but unfortunately
there have been some delays. I'd like to say it will be up before the
end of the year, but can't promise that. For the time being, I've
attached the repository as a compressed mbox to this email. There are
two basic demos under demos/, but this doesn't include the
"vkmodelviewer" demo shown at WineConf. We'd like to make that
available as well for people to play with, but it's a bit too large to
attach to this email because of the included assets.

Building the project should be relatively straightforward, but there
are a few dependencies like widl, glslang and spirv-tools that you may
have to build yourself. Feel free to ask here if you need any help.