[v3 1/3] ntdll: Set Dr7 when saving context.

Andrew Wesie awesie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 00:45:20 CST 2017

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 12:31 AM, Sebastian Lackner <sebastian at fds-team.de>
wrote:

> Wouldn't it make more sense to add a proper implementation for all debug
> registers?
> We already have the signal_i386 code for an example how to do it, and
> other functions
> like NtGetContextThread also support querying the debug registers (even on
> x86_64).

I looked at NtGetContextThread and I was wary of adding a server call to
save_context.

Looking at the i386 version, it seems that NtGetContextThread caches the
debug registers
so that save_context doesn't need to do a server call. I can add something
similar for
x86_64, if there isn't a reason not to.

-Andrew