Fwd: Participating in Outreachy

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 08:11:32 CST 2017

On 02/08/2017 01:28 PM, Fabian Maurer wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:16:23 PM CET Austin English wrote:
>> The Outreachy program[1] (which is also a Conservancy member project) is
>> working on its next round, set to open on February 16. If you are
>> interested in participating as an "organization", now's a good time to get
>> started[2]! The sooner your project is listed, the more likely you'll get
>> strong applicants.
>
> What's the point of this project?
Thanks to the internet you can search for the answer yourself.
Despite your perception this is an issue out there in the open source
community.

Luckily the Wine Project is one of the sane projects where inclusiveness
happens naturally.
To quote Jeremy White:
"Overall, I like to think that we're the friendliest large open source
development community out there.  Of course, that is a bit like saying
that we're the friendliest and nicest pit viper :-), but still..."

And we like it like that.

> It's basically "reverse sexism/racism". I'm not against hiring women or
> minorities, but I'd rather hire people because they're skilled, not because of
> their gender or skincolor. Thanks to the internet, there's nothing really
> stopping people from getting involved anyways.
You make it sound like you are in charge of hiring at Wine.
Please stop doing that.

bye
     michael