Participating in Outreachy

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Feb 8 14:03:57 CST 2017

On 02/08/2017 12:12 PM, Erich E. Hoover wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:00 AM, André Hentschel <nerv at dawncrow.de> wrote:
>> The website says 6500$ or sponsored by another org:
>> https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/Admin/InfoForOrgs#Action
>
> Clearly I should have read further ;)  I don't know how our benevolent
> funding overlords feel about this, but it seems like a good idea to
> me.  We did spend a lot of time at WineConf trying to figure out ways
> to get more people to participate, maybe this project can help.

As far as I can read it, the requirements are $6,500 and a commitment to
mentor (and they want a promise of 5 hours per week).

The Wine project has that much (although not a lot more), and I know a
guy at CodeWeavers who could help with funding.

The other piece we would need is someone willing to sign us up and to
create a landing page for this.

Do we have someone willing to volunteer to sign us up and someone
willing to mentor?

And the deadline is tomorrow :-/.

Cheers,

Jeremy