Participating in Outreachy

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Feb 8 16:07:00 CST 2017

On 02/08/2017 03:45 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 11:12:08AM -0700, Erich E. Hoover wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:00 AM, André Hentschel <nerv at dawncrow.de> wrote:
>>> The website says 6500$ or sponsored by another org:
>>> https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/Admin/InfoForOrgs#Action
>>
>> Clearly I should have read further ;)  I don't know how our benevolent
>> funding overlords feel about this, but it seems like a good idea to
>> me.  We did spend a lot of time at WineConf trying to figure out ways
>> to get more people to participate, maybe this project can help.
>
> If the 6500 US$ figure is the minimum amount of money, then I would say no.

Sorry, I was coy earlier; I was waiting on some feedback from Karen.

To be clear, CodeWeavers will sponsor it and provide the $6,500.  So if
we have someone to volunteer to coordinate, and a few people willing to
mentor, we should be good.  (I already have Stefan, so we have game
related stuff covered).

Cheers,

Jeremy