wined3d: Call wined3d_cs_emit_unload_resource outside of command stream.

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 01:59:38 CST 2017

On 17 February 2017 at 08:49, Sebastian Lackner <sebastian at fds-team.de> wrote:
> Well, it depends a bit how you are planning to deal with
> wined3d_cs_emit_*() calls on the command stream. Just appending at the
> end of the stream wouldn't be a good idea here, because its executed
> after all the contexts are already destroyed. Dispatching immediately
> might work, but is a bit dangerous because there is currently only one
> buffer, and you are replacing the content while the previous command
> is still active. Feel free to ignore if you are planning to use a
> different solution for this problem.

The idea is to dispatch calls immediately, yeah. Strictly speaking the
patch that introduced wined3d_device_delete_opengl_contexts_cs()
depends on another patch that isn't currently upstream to properly
handle that case in wined3d_cs_st_require_space() and
wined3d_cs_st_submit(), but I only realised that after submitting the
patch. In practice it shouldn't matter in this specific case though,
since the CS packet's contents are consumed before the new packet is
emitted.