Reproducible builds

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Sun Feb 19 15:32:11 CST 2017

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 07:46:43PM +0100, wylda at volny.cz wrote:
> > Od: Marcus Meissner <marcus at jet.franken.de>
> >
> > CC: <stefandoesinger at gmail.com, wine-devel at winehq.org>

> >> Thanks. These "random" value come from:
> >>
> >>  * olepro_t.res
> >>  * std_ole_v2_t.res
> >>  * wuapi_tlb_t.res
> >>
> >> Anyway, all the other folders also have *.res files. Can these 3 be "fixed"
> >> so that they behave like the rest of dll-folders? Or can i pass some kind
> >> of parameter or switch?
> >
> >std_ole_v2_t.res always comes out the same for me, in 32 and 64bit builds
> >when I set WIDL_TIME_OVERRIDE="0".
> >
> >Same for olepro_t.res
> >
> >(current git state)
>
> When i do:
>
> export WIDL_TIME_OVERRIDE="0"
> rm dlls/olepro32/olepro_t.res
> make -k dlls/olepro32
> md5sum -b dlls/olepro32/olepro_t.res
>
> then i always get different MD5 checksum.
>
> Marcus, could you send me your dlls/olepro32/Makefile please?
> What is your distro?

I tried above for both 32bit and 64bit directories, always gives the same md5 in those.

64bit:
0235f984f3f9f4c781e4e92e5ae7299f *dlls/olepro32/olepro_t.res
32bit:
106679b36afba236fc28484e69f672f7 *dlls/olepro32/olepro_t.res

openSUSE Tumbleweed, with currently gcc 6.3.1+r245113, binutils-2.27, flex-2.6.1, bison-3.0.4

Your debug diff showed a single value fluctuating in multiple places, but its not clear which offset this
was at. It could be either uninitialized memory or some hash value or so.
valgrind showing anything?

Ciao, Marcus