Outreachy May-August 2017

Delight Mawoyo deemawoyo95 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:32:59 CST 2017

Hello everyone.

My name is Delight Mawoyo, I'm 21years old from Zimbabwe studying Computer
Science.

I would like to participate in the next Outreachy round by working on the
appDB webapp.

I have not yet submitted a contribution but I have a local clone of the
repo and would appreciate any suggestions for issues I could look at. I
would ultimately like my work on appDB to center around rebuilding the
entire site... I was honestly shocked when I saw the php code been run and
how untidy the site is.

Most of my work would center on changing the legacy php code structure to
be powered by a PHP MVC framework... I had BonFire in mind.(basically
CodeIgniter with a built in customiszable admin interface)
For UI I would like to use Twitter Bootstrap and possibly use AngularJS for
the user dashboard to make the site more responsive. The main site, the one
indexable by search engines won't use AngularJS.

I have experience in all the aforementioned and migrating legacy PHP code
to an MVC framework.

Please any help, tips and suggestions in line with my project proposal is
greatly appreciated. I am also interested in the wine test graphical user
interface project but I am a bit rusty in C.

Thank you!!!