[09/18] comctl32: TaskDialog - make thread-safe

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 11:18:17 CST 2017

On 25.02.2017 1:22, Fabian Maurer wrote:
>> Why do you need such a list?
>
> The DialogProc needs to access some additional information, like whether the
> dialog be cancelled or not, or the callback pointer.
> If you have a better idea to solve this problem, I'd love to hear it. That was
> just the one I came up with.

If you mean you need to store control specific data, take a look how
it's done for other controls in comctl32.

Also, please, let's focus on basic structure first, instead of resending
everything. Things to discuss and think about:

- moving to separate files, I'm fine with that as if follows what
comctl32 is already doing. Anyone opposed?
- implementing dialog using dynamically constructed dialog template. Why
is it better than creating controls manually at runtime? What are pros
and cons of those solutions?

I'll comment on other patches too, but first thing to do would be to
properly implement taskdialog in its current incomplete form, that's
based on messagebox, so we get proper structure first and don't loose
anything in behavior.