Starting wine virtual desktop minimized

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 10:31:21 CST 2017

On Jan 2, 2017 9:46 AM, "Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> writes:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm looking for a way to start a virtual desktop and have it be
> minimized, similar to:
> wine start /min notepad
>
> But for the desktop itself. My goal is to be able to run
> winetest/winetricks-test/etc. with minimal graphical interface if I'm
> using the machine myself.

Your window manager probably has an option for this, otherwise you
should be able to use xdotool once the window is created. I expect that
a number of tests will fail in minimized mode though.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org

Thanks. I was looking for something scriptable. I am mostly concerned about
winetricks-test and CMD windows, less so with winetest.