Post-release

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Jan 25 04:20:27 CST 2017

Congrats to everybody for the 2.0 release!

I'm particularly pleased with the progress we've made on fixing
regressions, I didn't expect we'd get that many. Thanks all!

The master branch is now open for development again. I'll go through the
patches that are still in the queue, but please resend any patch that
had been marked Deferred.

I'll also resume the biweekly development release cycle, starting with
release 2.1 on February 3rd.

Despite fierce competition, Michael Stefaniuc once again took the
coveted job of Stable Branch Maintainer. He'll be making regular 2.0.x
releases.

I've also implemented the patch reviewer assignment scheme that we
discussed at WineConf. From now on, patches that stay in the queue
unreviewed for a week will be assigned a reviewer automatically. The
algorithm is prioritizing people who said they have some knowledge about
the area (the P: entries in the MAINTAINERS file), before grabbing
someone at random from the wildcard entry.

If you feel that there are areas where you could help reviewing patches,
but don't feel comfortable putting yourself up as maintainer, please
consider adding an entry for yourself as a knowledgeable person.

If you are asked to review a patch, and you think it looks good but
don't feel that you know enough to sign off on it, please just send a
reply saying "looks OK to me" or something like that. I may then ask
someone else to have a further look, or do it myself. Any review helps,
even without a full signoff.

Looking forward to 3.0 :-)

--
Alexandre Julliard