[4/5] [v2] ntdll: Provide more accurate virtual memory counters. (rebased)

Alex Henrie alexhenrie24 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 10:32:44 CDT 2017

> On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 22:01:58 -0600, Alex Henrie wrote:
>> I don't think this patch is going to be accepted without showing that
>> it makes some application usable that previously was not.
>
> This patch set (from [2/5] to [5/5]) is related to "Sorcery Jokers" (Bug
> 43119). In short, it seems that this game expects virtual memory
> allocations to be reflected in results of GlobalMemoryStatusEx API.
>
> Without the patch set, it repeatly calls VirtualAlloc and fails to load
> libGL.so. With the patch set, the game runs without issues. Here is the
> title screen snapshot: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEYNg00VYAEfDbh.jpg

Sorry that I didn't notice that you mentioned bug 43119 in the last
patch. However, I tried the game just now and it still won't start for
me, even with your latest patchset. I get an error dialog that says:

Task No.0  Adr : 0x14339fd[0x39fd] (0x548)
Command : @CreateVramEx

The pointers change slightly with each program run.

-Alex