Wine Stickers coming soon!

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Wed Jul 26 10:40:59 CDT 2017

Hello Everyone!

Long time not update. Been a busy, busy time but Jana and I have had a chance to circle back to the swag with the goal of having a stack ready for WineConf.

The poll concluded with the sideways bottle, Though some of the suggestions where good so we made a few tweaks and attached is the sticker we have come up with.

We are looking into the best way to produce the sticker and it is all very excited.

The idea is that we want people who go to events, talks, trade shows or anywhere promoting WINE to be able to have a stack of these to give away to help promote the project.

We don't have a good distribution plan yet other than a box of stickers in my office and people e-mailing me when they need a supply. That does involve ongoing shipping costs that will have to be covered.  If we have a volunteer in Europe to also have a stash then that would likely be a better plan for European people.

There where a few questions around re-design of the Logo and such. I personally think a graphics/logo update of our web site would be awesome but I am not volunteering as I am not a graphic designer. All of Jana's designs that used the existing wine glass just did not work as well as the bottle ones we had up on the poll so we decided to be a big adventurous and go with this.

Finally, the idea is for this to be sort of step 1 in swag/promotion process.  We want to get people reaching out, tabling, doing talks and all that sort of thing and having swag helps raise the project's status. This is of course a discussion for WineConf, but want to keep the thoughts bubbling.

-aric