Detect whether wineserver is fully started? Signal? File?

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 16:29:09 CDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Sebastian M. Ernst
<ernst at pleiszenburg.de> wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> thanks a lot for the idea.
>
> I tried to convert your idea into a quick & dirty piece of actual code
> for testing it - see below this email. Simplified into pseudo-code I do
> the following:
> - create socket object, type unix / stream (w/o reference to file/path)
> - try: connect to socket file
> - if failed, wait for x seconds and repeat last step (until timeout)
> - if succeeded, close the connection and let the code go ahead

Not sure if I got the problem you are describing exactly but what
about doing the opposite direction? Make a very simple socket program
for Windows that is launched and this program connects to your python
application instead. When python notices the connection it is sure
that wineserver is running because it just received the connection
from an app running inside Wine. Also as long as this small utility is
up wineserver won't close too.

Best wishes,
Bruno