Interested to contribute to WINE via Outreachy

Himadri Pandya himadri18.07 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 00:42:53 CST 2017

*Hello Again,*

I think I should introduce myself a little more in order to seek replies
form potential members who can guide me to work on the project of my
interest.

*A little about me :*

*Current Project*
        Developing a contextual application to facilitate the passengers at
crowded Indian Railway stations to provide a feasible software solution to
reduce the troubles of passengers which includes unorganized queues,
frequently delayed trains, difficulty to locate railway resources and much
more. The application is targeted for android platform and uses bluetooth
low energy signals emitted from beacons for context awareness.

*Academia*
High school with science courses : Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.

Some majors during graduation course :

   - Linear algebra, Calculus, Discrete Mathematics and Probability
   - Functional and Object oriented programming [C, C++, JAVA, Python]
   - Data structures and Algorithms
   - Operating Systems [Windows and Linux] and System Programming
   - Theory of Computation and Compiler Design
   - Digital Logic and Computer organization & architecture
   - Computer networks and Web Technologies [Javascript, HTML, CSS, PHP]
   - Software Engineering Fundamentals
   - Data Mining and Business Intelligence Fundamentals
   - Database management systems [MySQL, Oracle]

*Hobbies*

   - Playing Guitar (exploring the Indian Classical music)
   - Practicing Karate (practicing since last 9 years and having a black
   belt)
   - Reading
   - Traveling

*Linked In profile*

          https://www.linkedin.com/in/himadri2117

*IRC name* : Himadri
I am keen to start working on this project. But as being a newbie, I need
some initiative directives. May be making few initial contributions to WINE
is the starting point. I'm working on it.
I need to learn more about the project. It would be really appreciable if
you can suggest me some essential content to refer.

Seeking some interesting and supportive replies,

An enthusiastic learner,
Himadri