Interested in Wine Outreachy Application

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 14:19:44 CST 2017

Hi,

Am 2017-03-07 um 20:03 schrieb Sreya Mittal:
> I am proficient in C and I think I would be able to do a good job with
> the project. It would be great if someone could tell me about the
> minimum requirements(number of patches, or kind) so that I can fulfill that.
There is no minimum number of patches for the project itself - what
we're looking for in the application are signs that you understand the
APIs you are trying to implement and have some ideas how to test and
implement them.

Please be aware that we require the submission of a non-trivial patch
before the end of the application deadline to consider the application.
This shows us that you are able to build and modify Wine and can find
your way around the source code. Such a patch can e.g. be a test case
for an unimplemented API, or extending an existing test, fixing a bug,
etc. A simple spelling fix would not be enough for example.

Best regards,
Stefan