[v3 03/12] comctl32: Added basic implementation for task dialogs and add tests

Fabian Maurer dark.shadow4 at web.de
Fri Mar 10 14:23:05 CST 2017

> Nevertheless, it actually wouldn't
> hurt to add a couple of interactive tests, too.  Having non-interactive
> tests is nice, but they don't help to notice visual bugs.
That's true, I just didn't know how to do that. I'll probably add a few once
this implementation is finished.

> Yes, you should send your patches in smaller chunks. Also, you shouldn't
> rely on the assumption that all of your patches are applied at once. The
> patchset should still make sense, even if each commit is applied
> separately. If it doesn't, that would mean you have to reorder or merge
> them. As long as you mark failing tests with todo_wine it is not a problem
> to have a temporary state with "less features" than the original
> implementation though.
Sorry, I still don't understand what's wrong. The patches depend on each
other, so just applying patch 9 would result in an error. But only applying
1-5 should pose no problem. Except for missing functionality of course, but
the tests should be fine.
But I have to send these 12 patches as single patchset, since it's supposed to
replace the old taskdialog-hack and I don't want to introduce a regression.
Only with all those patches the functionality is the same.

Regards,
Fabian Maurer