Interested to contribute to WINE via Outreachy

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 03:11:48 CDT 2017

On Mar 5, 2017 4:51 AM, "Himadri Pandya" <himadri18.07 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm Himadri, an undergraduate student from India pursuing my bachelors in
computer engineering. I'm a newbie to the FOSS community and keen to be a
part by contributing to some interesting project. And I guess starting the
journey with Outreachy would be the best !

Gsoc project : "Tools - Winetest Graphical User Interface" seems quite
interesting to me. I would love to be a part of it. It would be really
appreciable if I can get some replies about how can I contribute to it.

Regards
Himadri Pandya
Linked In : https://www.linkedin.com/in/himadri2117

Hi Himardi,

As a first step, have you tried running winetest, on either wine or windows?

We'd like to hear your ideas on how you'd like to improve it. What UI
changes would you find helpful, as someone (presumably) unfamiliar with it?

As Aaryaman mentioned, idling on #winehackers and asking questions would be
advisable and likely get you faster answers than email ;).

Good luck! And don't hesitate to reach out if you have more questions.