[2/2] include: Introduce a with_context macro and use it to simplify vcomp tests. [RFC]

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 19:56:03 CDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Sebastian Lackner <sebastian at fds-team.de> wrote:
> Based on ideas by Mark Jansen.
>
> The with_context macro allows to specify a format string which is printed in
> case of test failures and for trace messages. Currently, to track down the
> origin of a test failure, it is necessary to write down all relevant variables
> in each ok message. With the new macro it is much easier:

Hi, Sebastian. I like this idea, it would be specially useful for
table struct tests (eg ws2_32) and functions that are called more than
once for different tests (eg rsaenh). Each maintainer/helper could
slowly update the tests as they think it fits and new tests could
start benefiting from it. I hope more people join this conversation as
it clearly took a long time to produce the patch and letting it drop
from the list without talk would not be nice ;-)