appwiz.cpl: Use sha256 checksums to validate Mono/Gecko downloads.

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Tue Mar 14 14:39:56 CDT 2017

On 14.03.2017 20:29, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Sebastian Lackner <sebastian at fds-team.de> writes:
>
>> This patch also replaces the memory mapping logic with ReadFile.
>
> That's noticeably slower, any particular reason for doing this?

I did the change for security reasons. If the file is truncated by
another process while we are computing the checksum it could lead
to a SIGBUS. Nevertheless, I wouldn't really expect that it is much
slower. How big is the difference in your case? If it is a problem
we could increase the buffer size and/or switch to sha512, which
is a bit faster afaik.

Best regards,
Sebastian