Wine native fps overlay

CARLOS RODRIGUEZ mrdeathjr28 at yahoo.es
Wed May 10 07:21:24 CDT 2017

>The big picture answer to your feature requests is that Wine is a tool
to run Windows apps and all these things are side features that can be
added with other tools and partially exist in drivers.If we add code for that it needs to be maintained, taking away attention from our main goal.

I once tried to make FRAPS run in Wine, which would give you an option
to add an FPS overlay to pretty much all d3d or GL apps. Unfortunately its DLL injection code doesn't work, and fixing it would require changes to the linker and/or dynamic loader, which is rather tricky.

Likewise you can write a more generic FPS limiting or vsync forcing tool
with LD_PRELOAD. That way it would also work with non-wine apps.>Unfortunate but for now nikolay suggestion (WINEDEBUG=-all,+fps) works without issues (only shows fps information and seems improve performance in some apps too)