WineConf action items

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Nov 2 10:24:30 CDT 2017

Folks,

We've had many good discussions at WineConf, and decided to make a
number of changes. Here are the resulting action items on my plate. I'll
be working on putting these changes into place over the next days/weeks:

* We'll merge the wine-devel and wine-patches mailing lists, with
  wine-devel becoming the single channel for both patches and
  discussions.

* We'll be hosting vkd3d, the D3D12->Vulkan library, on winehq.org in
  its own git repository.

* We'll create a new mailing list for AppDB maintainers.

* We'll start to use more detailed git commit messages, including bug
  references. Jeremy volunteered to research best practices from other
  projects so we can come up with some standards for what the messages
  should look like.

* We'll start building binary packages for Android.

* We'll continue to assign reviewers at random from the maintainer pool
  for patches that don't have a specific maintainer. I was concerned
  that this wasn't working so well, but the general consensus was that
  it's worth trying some more.

* Code freeze for 3.0 will start around the end of November, with a
  final release around the end of the year.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org