Wine Vulkan ICD repository

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 02:38:30 CST 2017

Hi all,

I have created a temporary Wine fork containing my Vulkan ICD work at:
https://github.com/roderickc/wine-vulkan

The repo is meant to show the current design without having to spam
wine-devel with a ton of patches. I rebased all my code and split it
up well. There are a few hacky patches like x11 window support just
for me to get some actual applications to work to test the ICD design.

The last 3 or so patches contain a proof-of-concept for some of the
32-bit struct handling support. I have 32-bit support mostly working,
but it required some changes to my script which I need to cleanup
before I share it. Obviously the 32-bit work will be rebased across
earlier patches in the series.

The patches also include the Vulkan generation script I wrote. Parsing
Vulkan is quite a pain due to all the structures and its object
design. For this reason my parser is quite stateful, which made it
more work to write, but now it is easy to generate code and do awful
things like the 32-bit generation.

Feel free to play around with the code. I added some instructions to
the project. Currently 64-bit applications such as cube.exe,
vulkaninfo.exe and vkquake.exe are known to work. 32-bit support is in
progress, vulkaninfo.exe kind of works, but anything needing structure
conversion will currently fail.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Roderick