[Testbot] Run make_makefiles when a file is added or removed.

Zebediah Figura z.figura12 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 12:43:10 CST 2017

On 11/27/2017 12:25 PM, Francois Gouget wrote:

> Unfortunately it does not work because git apply does not commit the
> patch and tools/make_makefiles only takes committed files into account.
> So when make_makefiles is run it does not update configure.ac.
>
> git apply suggests using git am to create a commit but git am compalins
> the patch is not in mbox format. There's probably a reasonably simple
> solution to that. Either that or modify make_makefiles to take into
> account uncommitted files but I don't know it that would be accepted by
> Alexandre.

'git apply' followed by 'git add -A', perhaps? Or would that pull in any
undesirable files?

I can download a patch from the list and git-am it without any problem.
Does the testbot do this differently?

> It may also make sense to re-run make_makefiles and makedep when they
> are modified. It seems you've run into that one recently. This can
> totally go in a separate patch though.

In theory, yes, but we don't appear to use the modified tools. So we'd
need to remove the --with-tools argument first, but I don't know why
it's there.