comctl v6

Fabian Maurer dark.shadow4 at web.de
Sat Sep 2 16:33:51 CDT 2017

Hello wine-devel,

While investigating Bug 43643, I learned that comboboxes behave differently
when comctl32 v6 is requested by the program.
Basically, when v6 is used, all comboboxes display 30 items maximum,
regardless of height. This behavior is unimplemented by wine, so affected
programs doesn't show any drop down list at all. This would be the correct
behavior when not using v6, but it's wrong in this case.

We probably need a second combobox class with different behavior (or one class
for both behaviors).
I don't know too much on how windows implements comboboxes, in wine the
comboboxes are implemented in user32, but we probably need to split them
between comctl32 v6 and lower. Do you already have plans on how to do that?
Especially, how would we do the separation on the source level but still reuse
as much code as possible?

Is there something that could be done as a start to bring this into the right
direction?

Regards,
Fabian Maurer