Please change WINE logo

Farhad Mohammadi Majd farhadbenyamin at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 03:46:10 CDT 2017

On Mon, 2017-09-25 at 09:42 -0500, Jeremy Newman wrote:
> This is the scalable shaded version of our logo:
> http://dl.winehq.org/wine/logos/wine_logo.svg
>
> The current logo. Your suggested logo would never work, as it uses a
> copyrighted image.
>
> When it comes to logo design you need to design a logo that works in
> black and white, flat color, and shaded color. A 3D rendered wine
> glass
> would not work in all those cases.
>
> FYI: Calling the current logo ugly is not the best way to start a
> dialog
> about changing it.
>
> -N

I'm not a graphic designer, I just see current WINE logo is really ugly
and it does not have any concept when it is without any text, so I
suggested to find a better logo. At least can you change its white
colour to become more transparent, like the real glass?

Below cases are good examples for new logo:

* http://cliparts101.com/files/413/AA872DB27C136B9104E22F297CC317F0/Gla
ss_Of_Red_Wine.png

* http://cdn.mysitemyway.com/etc-mysitemyway/icons/legacy-previews/icon
s/simple-red-square-icons-food-beverage/129042-simple-red-square-icon-
food-beverage-drink-glass2.png

* http://www.sysads.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/wine-hq-01.png

* http://images.easyfreeclipart.com/355/viewing-gallery-for-wine-glass-
clip-art-png-355132.png