user.exe16: Support Windows 1.x and 2.x Menus

Martin Payne development at martinpayne.me.uk
Tue Sep 26 23:37:23 CDT 2017

Hi Alexandre,

> Where did you find an app that needs this?

The applications which come with Windows 2, or Petzold's first edition menu examples will demonstrate this. For example the Windows 2 Terminal application warns "version must be 0 for Win16" and the menus fail to load without the patch applied. I can provide the source and / or binary for a trivial Windows 2 application I've written which demonstrates this behaviour if you would like it. If so, please let me know how you would like me to send it.

Regards,
Martin