[v7 1/5] server: Named pipe query SD from pipe object

Jonathan Doron jond at wizery.com
Fri Sep 29 07:35:48 CDT 2017

Hi Jackek,

I went over your patch but I believe it might have few issues that i wanted
to raise before we change anything
1. For some reason when you are doing the "ok" test after CreateNamedPipe
you do against != NULL should != INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE
    this is critical... since the 2nd server might have failed with
OBJECT_NAME_ALREADY_EXISTS
2. When you create the 2nd server instance against the "ok" check is
against NULL but not only that, you check against "server" and not "server2"

The reason I'm raising these issues is because from my understanding of
Windows, there can be only 1 instance for a given named pipe instance,
Please see that once you change these things, my logic remains correct...
and that simply server2 was never created and got INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE
with a should be GLE of 231 aka ERROR_PIPE_BUSY.

Please let me know how it goes so we will know how to continue.

Thanks and I hope you have a great weekend,
-- Jon.