Potential Heap Corrupt caused by unchecked return value

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 14:44:20 CDT 2018

Hi,

> Am 07.04.2018 um 17:02 schrieb ??. ? <taisfmq at live.cn>:
>
> Personally speaking this is a bad programming style, but I am not familiar with Wine code base and I am not sure what is the right way to throw up this error when detected. Thanks
I am not an expert in our IMM or multi-language code, but from looking at the code there's no good way to handle the error from this place. I'd be curious why MultiByteToWideChar fails. My guess would be that the multi-byte string contains characters that are not valid in the selected language, and that XIM and Wine disagree on the validity of the input.

Can you provide the language where this problem happens and what the input string passed to MultiByteToWideChar in this case is?