Refining GSoC Proposal

Kieran Duggan kieranduggan15 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 23:07:30 CDT 2018

Hello,

So I recently received an email informing me that I have the option of
refining or improving the list of D3DX functions that I came up with for my
proposal.
My current time line and list isn't a very good one to say the least.
Basically, in the interest of time, I put together the proposal by grabbing
a set of functions I saw in spec files marked with 'stub' without much
thought.

Clearly that wasn't optimal, so I'm pretty happy that I don't have to stick
with that poorly put together list. It doesn't really represent my best
work,
and I'd like to do better, so I'm reaching out here in hopes that
someone can point me in the right direction on how to start compiling a
more meaningful list and time line to go with it.

My idea right now is just to look at the stubs and cross reference that
with MSDN
to try and get a grasp of how they might be implemented and move on from
there.
maybe the MSDN documentation can help me find related functions that would
make sense to work on together?

Just so anyone reading this has something to work with, I'll attach a draft
of
my proposal[1]. It should be identical to the one I submitted.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kjWMNBX8xba_MlTOYgoh2DMBLdWZA3wDQPBvI5sNYyk/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the help,

Kieran Duggan