Add support to nexttoward{,f,l}

Alex Henrie alexhenrie24 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:31:38 CDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 10:07 AM Johan Oudinet <johan.oudinet at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

> I've encountered a wine error when running an application, saying that
> a function is not implemented:
> wine: Call from 0x7b43ce3c to unimplemented function
> api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll.nexttowardf, aborting

> I've looked into the wine's git repository and found that this
> function is declared as a stub, while the equivalent nextafter
> variants have been defined since
> 072f34be730761faa2fabefa8e4a3306d19c4a63

> I'm new to wine development and know nothing about windows but I think
> I should be able to enable nexttoward, nexttowardf, and nexttowardl
> functions, just by following the modifications in the commit above.

> According to cppreference, such functions have been added at the same
time:
> http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/numeric/math/nextafter

> I'd like your opinion before I submit a patch here.

Hello Johan, and thanks for your interest in contributing to Wine! Your
proposal sounds like a great way to get started with Wine development.
Instructions for submitting patches are at <
https://wiki.winehq.org/Submitting_Patches>.

When implementing these functions, be careful to not look at any of the
publicly available Microsoft C Runtime source code. Use MSDN documentation
or ask for help here if you get confused. Wine does not include a C++
runtime, so you can ignore any documentation that's specifically for C++.

-Alex