Refining GSoC Proposal

Kieran Duggan kieranduggan15 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 01:35:55 CDT 2018

So I've been busy this week unfortunately. I had the chance to look over
some functions though today. I saw that on the ideas list text rendering
functions were mentioned specifically, so I took a look at those and found
a few of them with their corresponding MSDN pages:
ID3DXFontImpl_GetGlyphData
ID3DXFontImpl_PreloadCharacters
ID3DXFontImpl_PreloadGlyphs
ID3DXFontImpl_PreloadTextA
ID3DXFontImpl_PreloadTextW
ID3DXFontImpl_DrawTextA
ID3DXFontImpl_DrawTextW
ID3DXFontImpl_OnLostDevice
ID3DXFontImpl_OnResetDevice

Could working on these fill enough time for a summer project?
Also what exactly is the suffix A/W for? I remember seeing it in the code
a while ago and not understanding it.